Decorating with throw pillows may seem like a small part of the design process, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. They’re the best way to elevate your house to a home. Even though they are soft and comfortable, they’re not all fluff. When it comes to living room seating, hallway benches, and pretty much anything in the bedroom, adding a throw pillow will add a ton of character. It’ll keep your furniture from looking naked and bring out the understated design features of the space.
To make this styling process a lot easier, I’ve put together some styling suggestions to help you nail the mismatched throw pillow look!
1. Add Just a Few Accent Pillows
2. Vary Textures Instead of Colors
3. Keep a Consistent Pattern Size if Using Lots of Color
4. Don’t Vary the Pillows at All—Vary the Couch!
5. Try Earth Tones in a Room with Natural Accents
6. Choose One Color and Experiment with Pattern
7. Accent Fun Pillows With Some That Match the Couch
8. Go for a Cascade of Colors in the Same Family